August 11, 2011

Family Camp: Loose teeth and Homies

We have lots of competitions at Forest Home family camp every summer, and the prize is always the same.  A prestigious Forest Homie (aka "Homie").  It's basically a glorified water bottle that gets you discounted sodas and Icees at the clubhouse.  Forever (as in you can bring it back year after year).  And everyone wants one.  Bad.  Because you're also extra cool if you're seen walking around with one.

With this being our 3rd year at camp, and we didn't win one our first two years, I decided that this was the year for the Garlands to bring win a Homie.  Sometimes a slightly competitive bone rears it's head in me, and it's not always pretty.  

The devoted Mr. Garland and Sarah participated in the night game with some friends and brought in not one but our first 2 Homies.  I was back at our cabin, asleep with the younger kids, darn!  We were so excited for them!  

At the Clubhouse... love the way Rachel is stuffing her face with ice cream.

Then, the next day, Josh and I used the devoted Mr. Garland's paper airplanes to each win 1 Homie in our age groups.  Josh was in the 1st/2nd grade group, and I in the women's group.  Hoooo boy was that fun... we stockpiled 4 Homies in a single day.  Talk about a windfall.



Zac, participating in the pre-school airplane toss.




Now I have to disclose that I may have encouraged Jeff to Google "paper airplanes that go really far" (or something like that) the day before we left for camp, and we may have spent some time out in our front yard practicing our airplane-throwing skills.  What can I say?  The devoted Mr. Garland delivers.  But hey.  I really wanted a Homie this year.  
Bring on the watermelon flavored Icees.

Did I mention Josh lost a tooth at Family Camp?

Oops!  Make that two teeth!
He was hoping the tooth fairy gave extra $$ if you lost an "out of town" tooth.
He still got the same $1.
Stingy tooth fairy.


No comments:

Post a Comment