June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

 Man, oh man am I blessed to have great men in my life.

Here's my dad and me (age 1) in 1973 (photo courtesy of the Visalia Times Delta), at Hume Lake.  I'm basically stealing his entire ice cream cone.

 My parents recently returned from a biking trip in Europe (their lodging was a barge... how cool is that?).

And then I have an amazing father-in-law, who is so wonderful to my mother-in-law, as well as his own kids and grand kids.

(Fred with baby Josh, 2005) 

(Jeff and Fred at college graduation, 2001.)

And then there's the devoted Mr. Garland.
The apple of my eye.




When I'm all in a tizzy at the end of a day, he's my breath of fresh air, swooping in to rescue me and let me know that things are going to be all right.  And oh how our 4 kids adore him.  

Fathers are so very important.  A strong father is essential in a child's life.  I'm so grateful for fathers who see the big picture and help their children become something bigger than they are.  


No comments:

Post a Comment