February 6, 2011

Surf City, USA Half Marathon.

My Bestie Alisa and I ran the Surf City, USA (Hunnington Beach, CA) half marathon today.  (They also had a full marathon offering but we ran our marathon back in May 2009, and we're all done with that.)  We had such a great time.  I ran the AFC in August 2010 in 2 hours 29 minutes and was pleased to have a new PR today of 2 hours 20 minutes.  I felt strong today, even up to the finish of the race.  I don't think I'll be nearly as sore as I've been in past races.  This is key.  I need to learn to recover quickly because life with 4 kids doesn't slow down just because I have sore quads...




I said I'd never do another full marathon again... and I'm sticking to it.

Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face for evermore.  Psalm 105:4

 Icing our sore muscles in the c-c-cold bay ocean water after 13.1 miles. (No, I'm not showing you our white legs.)

Our kids had fun with the dads, playing in the sand.



Next half is in June 2011... My goal is 2 half marathons per year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment