May 31, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

I became a marathoner!


I will not be running another marathon, ever again, but I'm so glad I did it!  


I hope to run the AFC (America's Finest City) San Diego half marathon (13.1 miles) in August.  I've never done a half marathon but I'm looking forward to it.  I signed up for the race back in January when I was 8 months pregnant (read:  HUGE) and thought I was crazy to even think about running again.  But alas, it's been good to have a goal.  I'm still not fast, but the slow and steady paced runner can still finish the race and get a T-shirt.  


My good friend Alisa and I are still running together... here we are at Moonlight Beach after 6 miles this weekend.  Alisa ran 8 - she's doing the Rock-n-Roll Half next weekend.  Go Alisa!


No comments:

Post a Comment