April 14, 2010

Ramble

We attend an amazing bible study every week and this year we're studying Genesis. It's been wonderful. I go mostly because the kids love it. They love their teachers and have such a great time. My core group (about 12 gals I meet with to discuss our lessons) is also phenomenal. Sylvia is my core group leader and the gals in our group are just so awesome. Sarah is in the K-2 homeschooling class. She has homework every week, and it goes along with my Genesis study. Studying the same chapters has been so great because we can work on our homework at the same time. Josh loves his 4-5 year old class with teachers Alexa and Kayla. Zac had issues at drop-off a few times this year, but for the most part he recovers quickly. His teachers Tanya and Denee have been wonderful with him. I've loved studying Genesis this year... such classic storylines about Abraham/Sarah, Jacob/Rachel, and now Joseph. I checked out Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat at the library this week so we can listen to the tunes from the musical.

Rachel continues to do great at 2 months old. She sleeps from about 9:30pm until 6:30am like clockwork. I nurse 5-6 times a day.

Jeff's been handing out allowance (spending, saving and tithe) to Sarah, Josh, and Zac regularly for the last year and a half, and we often take the kids' spending money to Saturday garage sales. It's amazing the deals they can get. They also get ripped off (Sarah paid $1 for a purse that was probably worth no more than a quarter. Hey, it's her money.). Sarah's saved up quite a bit of money recently, so we opened a bank account for her. She's got her own personalized checks and a register, so she's ready to start keeping an accurate account balance. Putting her math skills to work, in real life.

Finally, my dad sent this video to us:
Man, I wish my back were that flexible.

Thanks for letting me ramble on a bit.

1 comment: