April 7, 2010

Private Blog

Yeah! After 2 years being a public blog, I've gone underground (aka private). And you're underground with me... thanks for continuing on with the Garland-Family-blog ride.

Sarah
Josh
Zac
Rachel

Ahhh. It feels so great to be able to type out my kids' full names. I wasn't comfortable doing it when my blog was public, but I'm ready now. I trust y'all and am so glad you're on my list of readers. I was encouraged that there were more readers than I thought... woo hoo!

Now that I have a private blog, I feel much more comfortable sharing some things about our fun, crazy life. Here's some random basics about me:
  • I love the Lord.
  • We have awesome family and friends.
  • The devoted Mr. Garland (we will have been married for 10 years in July) and I have 4 kids: Sarah, Josh, Zac, and Rachel. (Still feels good to type their full names.)
  • I go to Costco about once a week, and buy 6 gallons of milk each visit. We Garlands know how to pound the milk.
  • I'm not an amazing photographer or writer, but would love to get better at both. I recently got a Nikon 3000 SLR and I love it, but I'm sure it can do way more than I know.
  • I'd like to take piano lessons again some day. I know the basics but would love to improve.
  • I blog for 2 reasons: 1) I want to document and chronicle this crazy wonderful life we live, and 2) I love to read other's blogs, so I figure I should be doing my own, and maybe it will bless someone else, somehow or someway. Sometimes I blog once a day, sometimes once a month. You never know.
  • On my nightstand right now: TIME Magazine, Saving Childhood by Michael Medved, and Good to Great by Chip Ingram.
  • I got my undergrad in civil engineering from Cal Poly SLO and worked for 5 years as a civil engineer. I went to grad school for education at University of Denver, and have a teaching credential in secondary education, mathematics. I never felt the pull to teach in a public schoolroom, so now I happily homeschool our kiddos. Being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) is the best job I've ever had.
  • I can safely announce that Rachel, our newborn, is officially sleeping thru the night. I typically nurse her at around 9pm and she sleeps until about 6:30am. Boy do I love sleep. I feel like a new woman. PDF Babywise pulled through for us again.

Our sleeping angel, Rachel, 8 weeks old.
  • I put a sticker on my car for the first time ever last week. Any guesses what it is?


No comments:

Post a Comment