April 11, 2010

Easter (and an Earthquake)

He has risen!

We spent Easter with my parents, and my sister's family at the beach house in Balboa. My folks prepared a wonderful easter meal of slow roasted beef and turkey. The kids had so much fun searching for eggs with their cousins. The gathering was bittersweet as my sister and her family are moving back to Colorado next month, so it was one of our last times to spend with them here in California. We are going to miss them dearly. Cousin time over the last year has been so wonderful.












I just love this photo of Rachel with my mom.

Sarah and Emma chatting and walking. They have a special friendship.

I had to get in a family photo, before we got our swimsuits on and our nice outfits were history.

Happy 8th birthday to Emma.

So so sweet!

This photo of my dad and Rachel was taken right about when we felt the trembler: a 7.2 earthquake centered in Baja California. Boy, was the whole house rockin'! I was standing up and all of a sudden felt like I was swaying and about to pass out. As my sister put it... earthquakes remind me how powerless I am. So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment