February 12, 2010

Wham.

Wow, I forget what it's like to have a newborn. It changes your life. It's been just over a week since our sweet R was born and boy am I behind. Here's a quick (and slightly rambling) update...

R has (had) jaundice. Her levels were getting too high just as they were supposed to be dropping off, so her pediatrician ordered bilirubin home therapy light (a very cool gadget). R basically had this thin light pad that she's been sleeping on (her back) for 3 nights. Her bilirubin levels were at their lowest today so far, so only one more night on the light, YEAH! We'll check her level (for the 5th and hopefully final) time next week.

My parents have been a God-send. They stayed with us all week (2 weeks really, they left today), helping with school carpool, doing laundry, helping me sort out my maternity clothes (it feels so good to be back in regular clothes!), preparing meals, and oh my how the list goes on.

Wham. Yeah, I forget how my hormones are crazy right after giving birth. Night sweats and highly emotional. Overwhelmed. How in the world are we going to raise four four kids!? The Lord and the devoted Mr. Garland have been my rocks in the midst of my storm. I'm so glad it's a 3-day weekend, time to re-align and re-connect. It was a stressful week with bilirubin blood tests (sweet R's poor heel looks like a battered pin cusion!). Nursing has been going great. R has been a champ sleeping at night. She's very predictable.

Oh, and did I mention that it was S's 7th birthday on Thursday? She took valentines in to her classmates, along with some special birthday cupcakes for everyone. Today my lovely sister and mom threw a bowling birthday party for S and J. My parents live out of town so we wanted to make the most of their time here. It was such a fun time bowling and high-fiving with our cousins. Cousin time is the best.

What a wonderful week of celebrating life and love. It's all good but it's also very exhausting.

I hope to get some photos posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank the Lord for grandparents! I pray God will comfort you and strengthen you as a family as you settle in to life's routines.

    ReplyDelete