November 16, 2009

Jeff's 40th Birthday Celebration, Part I

40 fingers celebrating Jeff's 40 years!

For Jeff's 40th birthday celebration, we took a fun day trip (photos and details in Part II) but Jeff also got to pick out his birthday meal and cake. He made some delicious choices that I thought I'd share. For dinner we had one of Jeff's favorite meals, Thai Coconut Chicken (I always use whatever veggies I have on hand: green beans, peas, broccoli, etc.). Jeff's definitely a rice guy, he likes pasta but really really likes rice.

For desert, I tried a new recipe and it was a winner for sure. Chocolate or fruit for dessert? In Jeff's case it's always something fruity for sure (I'm always the chocolate girl :). I found this recipe for an Apple Skillet Cake a while back and thought it'd be perfect for Jeff's birthday cake. It was. And if you have a sec, go check out the site for the amazing food photos. If I snapped photos of my cooking steps, they'd be pathetic compared to Pioneer Woman's.


1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday to Jeff! And I just have to say, I always love it when you link to recipes in your blog--I will definitely be trying this one SOON!

    ReplyDelete