No photo or happiness with this post.
I got my first traffic ticket this week. First ticket EVER. Never even been pulled over before.
One of those photo cameras got me running a red light. The proof is there. I ran it. I'm guilty. They haven't sent me my "courtesy notice" informing me of my fee yet. I'm afraid it's gonna be big (our friends said it'll probably be $400). Plus if I go to traffic school, that's an extra cost.
I'm having a moral dilemma because I can't decide if I want to fight the ticket. Just seconds before I entered the intersection, I was going along with traffic and would have easily made it through the light on a green. But some crazy person made an illegal left turn into my lane, slowed me down and proceeded to cross over 3 lanes of traffic in a very unsafe fashion. So yes, I was distracted by this driver but yes, I still ran the red light. I'm not sure if that's enough proof to justify fighting the ticket.
I'm a busy mom of 3. Do I really have time to go to the courthouse and deal with this?
I'll see if I can view my video online to see if that provides any backup for my case.
Not sure what to do with this one. Ugh.
Very truly yours,
(huge sigh)
Red Light Runner Wendi
"Ugh" is right! Bummer. I think I might try to fight it, but that's a tough call. I have no idea what they would say.
ReplyDelete