June 5, 2009

Finish Bling

I usually don't care about race medals.  They normally go in the trash.  

I'm holding onto this one, thankyouverymuch.

These photos were taken at various "photo op" spots along the course and at the finish line...

Alisa and I in lower right corner.



Alisa and me.

This was some fun video footage of the finish line.  

My brother James and his buddy Woody had a great finish.  Type in "James Sullivan" to see video of them in their green and yellow shirts leaping over the finish line in a rock and roll fashion (huge jump).  I don't know how their legs let them do that after running 26 miles.



Apparently, Alisa and I are very boring.  Here's my brother's marathon finish line debut.  James, you're nuts.  And I love ya!

Me, well.  Alisa practially had to carry me across the finish line.  Now that would have been fun to see.  (Hee hee.)

Are you sick of my marathon posts yet?  I promise I'll stop.  Soon.  Hopefully.

I just figure this is my one and only marathon.  First and last, all rolled up into one.  I'm glad I did it, but I'm glad it's over.  I hope that makes sense.  

The devoted Mr. Garland's co-worker told him not to believe anything I say until at least 3 weeks after the marathon.  I don't plan to run another marathon.  Ever.  I won't change my mind.  

Once in a lifetime.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you can look up individual people to watch their final marathon moments online. How cool is that? I cried watching you! So inspirational!

    The morning of, I was watching the online coverage up until we left for church. I saw all the people that came in under 3 hours. Unreal! I'm so glad I got a change to see you too. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete