We didn't get sick at all this winter.
But now it's Spring. Apparently it was 'our turn' to get the bug.
With the exception of the devoted Mr. Garland, we were all sick last week. I had/have strep throat. The kids all have a nasty cough / temperature / etc. I think (and hope) this is our recovery week.
I hope.
We slowed down our normal routine and included extra nap time.
It has been tough.
But not as tough as it has been for sweet little 5-month old Stellan McKinney who has SVT, a dangerous heart condition where his heart speeds up way too fast.
You can see a news story here, or see Jennifer McKinney's (Stellan's mom, aka "MckMama") blog here, or check out Stellan's Name Gallery (very very cool) here. I have been praying for Stellan, and will continue to do so.
Life is full of set backs. The only thing I can control is my reaction.
Good thing I trust in a God who is in charge of all good things, which includes set-backs.
No comments:
Post a Comment