February 18, 2009

Running Thoughts: Week 3

7 miles.

Last Saturday's training run was 7 very long miles.  I truly struggled at about mile 3, and almost stopped.  My last 2 miles I ran with Kim and boy does it make a difference when you're chatting with someone.  The miles just slip by.  This is why it's so great to be training with other folks.  Such a blessing.

Can I also say that I've been amazed a the financial support that has been coming in?  I have such amazing family and friends.  My heart is so grateful.  God is so good.

Last Saturday was a good eye opener for me for how tough 26.2 miles will really be.  It was a crazy week last week, so you gotta give me a little credit.  I had the stomach bug for 3 days.  I also planned, prepped and threw a 6-year old's birthday party the day before my run.  

So I could tell that I was very weak.  I just didn't have the usual gusto that I usually have.  Not that I usually have a huge amount of gusto.  I was just exhausted.  I was all hunched over and my legs were sloppy.  The gals running behind me commented that my knees were knocking each other.  Not good.  Let's just say that I wouldn't be a good candidate for a Nike running poster.  

We'll be running 8 miles this coming weekend.  I sure hope this will be a better week.  

No stomach bug.  Check.
No birthday parties to throw.  Check.
Ample rest and good mid-week runs.  Check.

So far, it's looking promising.    

No comments:

Post a Comment