.jpg)
I have signed up to run the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon on Sunday May 31, 2009.
That would be 26.2 miles.
That's a loooooong distance.
I've started training and the miles are only starting to add up. I ran 4 miles last weekend and 6 today. Mid-week training and cross training also continues. Track workouts start in 2 weeks.
I'm committed. (Or perhaps I need to be committed.)
My brother James is running it with me... woo hoo! James lives in Denver so he gets to train at altitude, then run the marathon at sea level. He's gonna do so well.
A shameless plug is coming, sorry to say. I really don't like it when friends go "commercial" on me, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
If you're currently training for a half or full marathon, would you let me know the date and location of your event? I'm going to start a list.
To be continued...
woohoo!! i think that's fabulous!! that's great your brother is going to run it too so that you guys can encourage each other. not a runner myself, but mike runs. he's done two marathons. my sister took up running in the recent years and she's doing her first 1/2 marathon tomorrow. yay megan! i wish i could be there to see her!
ReplyDeleteYou're so impressive Wendi! I can't even imagine!!! I would pass out after 2 miles. I know you'll do great!
ReplyDelete