Today as we showed our passes at the Escondido Children's Museum, the gal looked at me and said, "Do you have a blog?" I was taken aback. I've never been asked this question by a complete stranger before. "Yes, I do." This is weird. She goes on. "Oh I really like it! I loved the photo when you stacked the paper towels into a huge tower!" Wow. So she actually did read it!
My blog is not amazing. I'm not a writer, photographer, artistic guru... nothing. I read dozens of blogs with people who are incredible... they write with ease and intrigue. They take amazing photos and create super cute crafts.
I have one official "follower" (Blogger feature on main page): Angela, who has a great blog about her family and other fun stuff. Other than my family, who get my posts force-fed via email (so they don't really count because I don't give them a choice in the first place), I figured maybe 3 other people (Kim, Kristen and Tricia) read my blog. So maybe 3 people. Maybe.
But then I met my new friend Erin today. There must be a name for this kind of person in the blogosphere: someone you've never met in person, but they read your blog. It's actually sorta bizarre and fun to meet someone who knows waaaaay more about you than you even know about them.
Apparently, the Escondido Children's Museum uses a Google Notifier that lets them know when their name is put on the Internet. The staff look at these links, and that's how Erin happened upon my blog.
To sum up, today was a huge "blog boost" for me. Thanks, Erin, for taking time to peruse my blog, and I hope you come back sometime soon. (This post mentioning the ECM might be another trigger.) And, like I mentioned, you need to start your own blog... I'll gladly visit.
Yeah mentioning ECM did make your blog come up via Google alert again.
ReplyDeleteI think you sell yourself short. I love your blog.
The stories and pictures to match of your family are fun and well organized.
Ok and because of you i decided to make a blog of my own. I dont know when ill be able to work on it but i have enjoyed teh small amout of posting i have done so far. My blog is:
http://erin-free-spirit.blogspot.com/
-Erin