
Last weekend my MOPS group (Mothers of Pre-schoolers) held a fashion show fundraiser . I invited my girlfriend Jenn (we went to college together, a fellow engineering major at Cal Poly SLO) to come (love ya Jenn!). I indulged on hot chocolate and brownies while we perused the merchandise. My big purchase for the night was two headbands for $1 (the sales guy Jeff was going to give them to me for free, but I wanted to pay something). What a generous deal. The fashion show models were moms from my MOPS group and they all did such a great job.
This is my 5th year being involved with MOPS (I did 3 years in CO and 2 years in CA) and it has been a tremendous blessing in my life. The way MOPS reaches out to moms to encourage and strengthen relationships with God, hubby, kids, family, friends etc. is awesome. Moving from CO to CA last year, it was a wonderful way for me to meet other gals, quickly.
I've decided to not participate for the Spring semester, though. I might go again in Fall 2009, but I'm finding that I'm ready to move on for now. We're getting busier with home school activities, and I do a pretty good job keeping us occupied every morning with parks, the YMCA, museums, the beach, day trips, the zoo, and some days, just staying at home to read, craft, or play (gasp?!). So we're going to take a hiatus for a bit to see how it goes.
I'll miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment