October 1, 2008

Visalia Rotary

My dad is president of the Downtown Visalia Rotary Club this year and can I just say he's doing a phenomenal job. Way to go Dad.

I often try to go to a meeting with my dad when I'm in town, so I picked up my 90 year old Grandpa and we went together. My dad was very busy talking with other men and last minute meeting details, but he was super friendly and outgoing with everyone. I have such a cool dad.

One thing he emphasizes in every meeting is the 4-way test. This is a great test, applicable in so many life scenarios. I use it often in my daily living. Here it is.

--------------------
In 1932, Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor created The Four-Way Test, a code of ethics adopted by Rotary 11 years later. The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following questions:

Of the things we think, say or do

  1. Is it the TRUTH?
  2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
  3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
  4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
---------------------


The Downtown Rotary group is large - I'm guessing 200+ members?



My Grandpa, me and my Dad.


Dad in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment