For those of you not familiar with Facebook, everyone gets to select a profile photo that is displayed with your name. If you're "friends" with someone, their profile photo automatically goes on your "friends" page for other friends to see.
Recently I noticed a friend of mine, we'll call him John, had selected an inappropriate profile photo which I didn't enjoy viewing.
I sent him this message last week:
---
John,
It's a pretty sure bet that you are into wilder things than I am, but I'm most likely going to "unfriend" you unless you clean up your profile photo. I don't want my friends to have to view your photo. Don't change it on my behalf, just wanted you to know what I plan on doing and why.
Wendi
---
To which I received this reply:
---
I must respectfully deny your request. See ya.
John
---
Fair enough. I removed him from my friend list so if you're friends with me on facebook you no longer have to look at his photo.
So what would you do in this situation?
what a dweeb! See ya John!
ReplyDeleteoh that's kind of lame. this whole facebook thing is a little weird to me. i like to connect with people, but i don't really get it yet, and it slightly scares me still. but it's far better than the gross myspace, which i think has fewer rules regulations.
ReplyDeleteWow, I admire your ability to share your thoughts so honestly w/him. It's sad he seems so unwilling to re-evaluate things. I pray I'd be more open to a friend sharing as respectfully as you did. Though, it sounds like, based on his picture description, he may be in a rebellious state right now. Pray for his heart.
ReplyDelete