August 3, 2008

Skateboard Boy

Guess who camped out in the backyard last week?


J has been longing for a skateboard for a while now. I love teaching my kids about money by going garage sale-ing (I hope that's a verb - if it isn't, it should be). So were were out sale-ing last Saturday and I inquired about skateboards for sale at our first couple stops, but no luck. On our 3rd stop, a middle School girl Kelly said she might have something. She went into her house and came out with a used skateboard. J's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He was sold.

I gave the kids each $1 to spend, so J tenderly asked how much the skateboard was, and Kelly looked down at how much money J was holding in his hand and sweetly said "The skateboard costs... $1." J is so proud of his new board.

I should have only given J a quarter. It's amazing the deals cute kids get at garage sales!