August 26, 2008

Roadtrip to Colorado

We've returned home from our 2.5 week road trip from San Diego to Denver. 16 hours each way with a 5, 3 and 1 year old in the car. It was toughest on Z, but he did fine overall. We broke our road trip up into 2 days, stayed in Green River UT one night on the way there. We stayed in Mesquite, NV one night on the way home. We had SUCH a great time. Swimming in the hotel pools was key. Yes, we broke down and bought a portable DVD player, but we're okay with it. Jeff and I had great chat time as he drove most of the way - what a champ. My computer access was sporadic to say the least so my apologies in not posting mid-adventure. I hope to make several posts this week with some of the highlights of our trip.

Can I just say how awesome it was that gas prices dropped (and continue to drop) for our road trip. That saved us a good amount of cash!

I can't believe it's been nearly one year since we moved to California. Things I miss about Colorado: parks, indoor swimming pools, bike/hike trails, and the smell of an afternoon thunderstorm. Ahhhhh. Things I don't miss: altitude sickness (this doesn't last long I know but it was still tough being there 2 weeks, and I like to think that I'm in shape), chapped lips and crusty boogers (sorry, but someone had to say it). It was so fun to see tons of family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment